The 56th Military Libraries Workshop will be held in Huntsville, AL, December 9-11, 2013. Here's where you'll find all the information on the Military Libraries Workshop including how to register, book your room, see the conference agenda, and view the lists of speakers and sponsors: http://military.sla.org/mlw2013/. The Workshop is sponsored by Special Libraries Association (SLA) and the Military Libraries Division (MLD).
This is a quick list of some of the programming for MLW 2013:
- Career Agility: Transforming Knowledge and Expertise into Strategic Value, Deb Hunt,Information Edge and SLA President,
- Federal Libraries and Copyright Law, Gretchen McCord, Digital Information Law
- Creating a Virtual Library in the age of Closings, Jane Killian Defense Forensic Science Center
- In the Balance: Tools to Increase Your Personal and Professional Creativity, John Digilio, Reed Smith, LLP, and SLA Treasurer
- Top Tips for Turning Information into Insights, Marcy Phelps, Phelps Research
- Deploying Social Media in Libraries, Dr. Steven MacCall, Associate Professor, University of Alabama School of Library & Information Studies
- Big Data Content Organization, Discovery, and Management, Margie Hlava, President, Access Innovations
- Approaching Challenges through Adaptation and Innovation, Panel Discussion moderated by Dr. Gail Nicula
LexisNexis is one of the proud sponsors of 2013 MLW programming and will be exhibiting. If you're at MLW 2013, please stop by and visit LexisNexis in the exhibit area.
I'll be attending MLW in December and I hope to see you there! As usual, I'll be live tweeting and blogging throughout. Follow me on Twitter @libraryfocus.